[TIP] continuous integration - what are you using?

Mark Waite markwaite at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 16:29:19 PDT 2009

----- Original Message ----

We created our own (python wrappers around various things) starting
about 6 years ago and extended it when we discovered we wanted
something more.  By the end of 6 years of incremental evolution, I
think it was a wonderful solution for our needs.

We were purchased about 2 years ago and switched from the product
line that used that home grown server to an entirely new product line.
The team already on the new product line had chosen
CruiseControl.NET.  It worked well enough for their needs.  We found
it difficult to manage and somewhat resistant to change.

We experimented with Hudson and found it much easier to manage
than CruiseControl.NET.  We're using Hudson now and are still
finding it easier to manage than CruiseControl.NET.

Hudson is not as well tuned to our specific needs as the home grown
solution was, but it was up and running in much less time and effort
than our home grown solution.

We traded "perfectly suited to our needs" for "meets most of our
needs sooner".

Thanks,
Mark Waite