[TIP] ANNOUNCE: pyjunitxml

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 06:11:57 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Robert Collins<robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> I've created a very lean junit xml style reporter for pyunit.

:)

> The JUnit
> format is unfortunately undocumented, which means supporting it is a
> matter of waiting for bugs from people that find it interoperates badly
> with other tools :(.

It's a shame :(
I could only find a single «potentially useful article» [1]_ (but my
search skills are terribly bad) . It seems that the format has been
defined and maintained by Ant, isnt it ?

> Anyhow, its useful for folk integrating with Java build systems and the
> like. My implementation has some similarities to other, existing
> extensions of this sort, with a few key differences:
>  - I use stopTestRun so the standard API for running tests is all that
>   is needed
>  - there is no runner or other duplicated framework - this is as
>   minimal and focused as possible.
>  - supports the entire current pyunit TestResult protocol

+1

> I wrote it myself to permit subunit
> to glue into junit environments, when I found that the existing similar
> things were way to big to make a sensible dependency.

This is one of the reasons why I usually dont use complex testing frameworks ...

> If this is useful to people, great!

wow ! I think this is great ! I'll try it soon :) ...

> I haven't actually deeply tested all the shiny new methods in python
> 2.7, as I'm still living in a python 2.6 world.

... in my 2.5 world ;o)

.. [1]_  JUnit PDF Report :share your tests
          (http://junitpdfreport.sourceforge.net/managedcontent/PdfTranslation)

--
Regards,

Olemis.