[TIP] Result protocol / pass-fail-error

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 07:23:36 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Pls. Do I sound that annoying in my message ? Did I emit any personal
>> offense or something ? Did I try to create a chaos or something ? Did
>> I do anything different than trying to help ? Why d'u shout so loud ?
>> Did I ever shout to u like that ?
>>
>> Sometimes I really dont understand ... And I really dont like this
>> kind of repetitions and shouting (even if I'm not feeling too bad
>> about them) ... and I'm sure you'll personally feel bad if I'd done
>> what u've done above.
>>
>> I've always tried to treat everybody with respect and tried to
>> understand everybody. I even changed my behavior when I was creating
>> some trouble for some people.
>
> No. I have repeatedly stated, in all of the threads in this
> discussion, that I am not interested in redefining the TestResult
> object. Period, full stop. It happened days ago in the thread(s) and
> I'm getting frustrated at needing to repeat things.

Even in that case providing a link to the place where u mentionned
that seems a more logical reason to me; and not shouting.

Besides, I am not talking about changing TestResult, but instead about
keeping it just like it is (just add a list for successful TCs, which
in fact is a minor patch), but allow to store objects inside its
arrays, instead of strings containing plain messages.

> I understand there's been a high volume of mail - but we're now
> repeating things which were discussed days ago.

For example I didnt shout Michael Foord because he didnt (hasn't)
see(n) any of the links I provided with respect to dutest discovery
impl, and he still argues that I've not provided enough info about
that, even when I sent URLs for highlighted (thnx to Trac) areas in
that code (something I dont understand at all).

I've not been rude at all. If you still want to. I think that's fine anyway ;)

Maybe you'r right, however I'm here to debate and be friendly ... not
to shout and fight.

--
Regards,

Olemis.