[TIP] Result protocol

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Apr 13 05:17:46 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 12:55 +0100, Michael Foord wrote:

> In fact I'm not sure that as a 'collection of facts' a protocol itself
> would even be licensable in the first place.
>
> FWIW the GPL license on subunit would also stop me using, re-using or
> contributing to it.

This is only slightly useful to know - what would be much more useful
is:
 - what characteristics do you need changed in the licence to let you
   use/reuse subunit
 - what [other] characteristics do you need changed to be willing to
   contribute to it

The GPL is my default licence, I use it until-and-unless there are
reasons to use a different licence. It doesn't mean I'm unwilling to
change.

-Rob