[TIP] Fishing for feedback - TestButler

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 09:09:43 PDT 2008

A few weeks ago I blogged about a common itch I have with management
of test cases (oh how I hate spreadsheets) for both manual and
automated tests. The original post was here:

http://jessenoller.com/2008/07/31/an-itch-decent-test-case-trackingregistration/

Fast forward a few weeks, and I've made the initial bumbling attempts
at scratching that itch:

http://code.google.com/p/testbutler/

Short summary: I want a one-stop shop for automated/manual test case
tracking, results organization, test plans and I want it to be open
source, easy to extend/flexible and simple to use and deploy. I want
the data on the back end to be easy to export (if you want to move
away from it) and I want to be able to easily integrate with existing
environments.

Right now, I'm simply trying to prototype ideas to find the "optimal"
series of features to add in there. It's all open source, so anyone
and everyone can contribute so long as they don't laugh at my
inability to do web design.

Thoughts, suggestions, etc welcome.

-jesse