[TIP] Nose questions

Toby White toby.o.h.white at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 5 08:55:52 PDT 2008

On 5 Sep 2008, at 15:13, Nat Williams wrote:

> On 9/5/08 6:55 AM, "Toby White" <toby.o.h.white at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> (apologies if there is a better, more nose-specific place to send
>> questions, but I couldn't find one)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/nose-users is a good place

Thanks - I'll repost my outstanding query there.

>> 2) Can I use attribute selectors with doctests?
>
> Are you putting doctests in the test functions themselves?  I'm
> fairly sure
> that's discouraged, or otherwise not a good idea.  As I understand it,
> doctests are for the libraries and other modules that your tests
> use, not
> the tests themselves.

No. I'm probably doing something wrong elsewhere in how I organize my
tests, but these are perfectly normal doctests, testing the code. I was
wondering if I could attach attributes to the doctests in some way
so I could selectively run subsets of them.

I suspect the answer is "that's what code organization is for", but
attributes
looked useful in that I could easily pick out subsets of tests
regardless
of their location, but it's not obvious how you'd do that for doctests.

Anyway, I'll repost the question to nose-users.

Toby