[TIP] nosetty! (gezunteit)

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:13:47 PDT 2007

On 3/22/07, Max Ischenko <ischenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> > nosetty: A plugin to run nosetests more interactively
>
>  I was struggiling with exactly the same problem and ended up with this:
> http://maxischenko.in.ua/blog/entries/109/nose-vim-integration
>
>  This is yet another nose plugin which allows Vim to hook up nose as a
> 'complier'. So you can run nosetests from within Vim and then browse error
> list and jump back and forth between them.
>
>  It even works (usually).
>
>  Max.

oh, thanks!  I was trying to google for that plugin the other day,
couldn't remember the name.  I think some people may prefer to run
tests in their editor so I added a link to the machineout plugin on
the nosetty site:
http://code.google.com/p/nosetty/wiki/Recipes

I haven't tried getting machineout to work in TextMate though it is
possible since there are already hooks for debuggers.  I prefer the
shell better I think simply in this case because TextMate uses WebKit
for interfaces to these kind of customizable things so it's not as
nice as being in the shell.

Kumar