[TIP] 'Testing in Zope 3' case study

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Mar 8 04:06:47 PST 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 12:19 PM, Grig Gheorghiu wrote:

> No, I'm not working on that, but I was thinking it would be very
> interesting if the Zope 3 guys could write such a thing. I bet many
> people would learn a lot of new things (I find the discussion of
> doctest vs. unittest very enlightening, most of all because of the
> contributions from Jim and Benji).

What would such a thing look like?

Note that I gave a talk on Doctest at PyCon 2004:

   http://www.python.org/pycon/dc2004/papers/4/

And Marius Gedminus gave a similar talk at EuroPython last year:

   http://indico.cern.ch/contributionDisplay.py?
contribId=115&sessionId=53&confId=44

There are lots of examples (some good, some not so good :) in the
Zope repository. Also, most packages I release to pipy have doctest
based pages.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org