[TIP] HTTP servers testing

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Wed Feb 28 11:57:37 PST 2007

--- Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh at defuze.org> wrote:

> I read somewhere (can't recall where though) that during PyCon people
> at
> the Web panel suggested that HTTP testing should be standardized
> among
> existing HTTP server implementations so that Python could strengthen
> its
> positioning in that field in regards to existing references (Apache
> comes to mind of course).
>
> Has it been discussed in more depth?

Not as far as I know. Not sure what you mean by standardization when it
comes to HTTP testing. Maybe you're thinking about WSGI? In this case,
Titus has a WSGI-intercept module that makes it very easy to test a
WSGI-enabled Web application without actually starting an HTTP server,
but instead running it in-process.

http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/wsgi_intercept/README.html

Grig