[socal-piggies] Interesting Infographic

Sean Bradley sean at bravoflix.com
Sun Jun 17 03:11:33 PDT 2012

Udemy.com--which distribute's Zed Shaw's awesome *Learn Python the
Hard Way*video tutorials--recently sent out this interesting
infographic comparing
PHP, Ruby, and Python.  Rather than instigating a flame war, it does a nice
job of showing--with a relative degree of objectivity--not just Python's
strength's, but also provide's a sense of its traction and marketability
from both the small biz owner's perspective and, importantly, the
job-seeker's perspective.  I'm sharing the link below because it's a cool
infographic, and because it makes it very easy for new Python programmers
to contextualize what they're learning in the larger community.  I found it
distilled the info in a simple, easy to grasp way...and perhaps, the
"debatability" of the info aside, it's something which might inspire and/or
stimulate offline exploration and/or serve as a conversation starter with
more senior Python programmers at any number of Meetups.  :)

Enjoy!

http://www.udemy.com/blog/modern-language-wars/