[socal-piggies] AOL's Userplane team is hiring a front-end web developer in Santa Monica!

Takey McTaker TakeyMcTaker at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 11:27:26 PDT 2012

Hello fellow PIGgies,

    I definitely can't claim the same contribution level that Jathan
has earned here, nor beg for a similar exception rule, so I just want
to echo his statement below about job openings in general.

    If I ever comment on any known job opening to this list, or
in-person during Python related events, it's because I need your help
teaching an employer about the benefits of Python. We've already hired
at least one PIGgy here (I'll avoid names here and let them announce
it themselves if they want to). Even though nothing about their job
description has anything Python-specific about it (yet), I hope they
do teach our co-workers about the benefits and trade-offs of Python
tools and libraries early and often. My current employer is in a
transitional phase right now, where we are openly evaluating
alternative tools and languages to what we've used in the past (Read:
The time is right for some Pythonistas to infiltrate!). I'm here to
help open the door for you when I can.

Thanks all,

Jared Hardy

Product Manager at Oversee.net