[socal-piggies] Great meeting at DreamHost last night

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:22:33 PST 2011

We had a great meeting at DreamHost last night -- top-notch
presentations, ad-hoc discussions, and pizza! Plus a 50-floor elevator
ride that felt like a Six Flags attraction ;-)

Thanks to Tommi, Jonathan and David for presenting, and to Chris and
the rest of the folks at DreamHost for hosting the meeting.

I thought the presentations were really well balanced between
hard-core tehnical content (TV's talk about Concurrency and
parallelism, and Jonathan's talk about metaclasses), and the blend of
business, technical and software engineering practices that David
talked about when presenting his startup.

If the presenters want to send their slides either to me or to the
group, I'll make sure they also get posted to our wiki at
socal-piggies.org.

Thanks!