[socal-piggies] Email Disclaimers (was: Re: Python job opportunity)

Inci Ozkaragoz iozkaragoz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:05:42 PDT 2011

I think one of the main benefits of the disclaimer is that it allows a
company with the disclaimer *the legal right* to sue any suspect
person/organization that allegedly infringes on its IP that was transmitted
via email. It is a legal contract of sorts that you agree to with the act of
reading the email. It also acts as a legal warning to those so tempted to
misuse the information contained therein. Similar to the copy infringement
warnings stated at the start of purchased movie videos. It does not prevent
all thieves from copying, but it does give the law the right to prosecute
after warning people of the law.