[socal-piggies] Job listings here: +1

Daniel Greenfeld pydanny at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 16:10:31 PDT 2011

Mel,

Doug is awesome. But he isn't the only recruiter. How do we go about
only allowing decent guys like Doug in but not allowing others? Should
we allow people/groups that sponsor Socal Piggies and Python in
general the ability to post job listings?

I'm not being snarky here, I'm being very serious.

Danny

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Mel Raab <automagc at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Regarding Doug's job posting:  you've eaten his pizza, you've used his
> conference room, he's always polite and his contributions are constructive,
> are you ever soured by his infrequent posts?  So what's the problem?
>
> Regarding other job postings:  you're part of a special interest group to
> keep up on what's going on.  There haven't been that many job postings here,
> and each gives both an insight and an opportunity.  Even if you're not
> looking for a job, don't you want to know what's going on?  Don't you want
> to help someone else out who might be looking for a job?  Sure, if the
> volume increases, maybe the flow has to be redirected away from here and be
> better organized.  Are we really at that point now?
>
> Regarding the volume and frequency of continued discussion on this matter:
>  Is there any chance we can get the meandering on job postings off this
> interest list?  I think there are many venues for this type of discussion
> when we have such ambivalent feelings and this should not be one of them.
>  ;)
>
> Mel Raab

'Knowledge is Power'
Daniel Greenfeld