[socal-piggies] Questions about Python Programmers in SoCal

Daniel Greenfeld pydanny at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:15:19 PDT 2011

Hi Jonathon,

Converting developers to Python and one of the web frameworks (Django
or Pyramid) is not that hard. It does take some time to master the
differences, but your people can get up to speed pretty quickly.

Myself and some other locals (I'm thinking Raymond Hettinger who is
also a Python core developer) do professional training in addition to
our normal jobs. That way your staff would learn how to do things a
bit more quickly.

Hope that helps!

Daniel Greenfeld
pydanny at cartwheelweb.com
571-435-0011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Jonathan Chen <tamasiaina at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> At work, we've been looking into the possibility of migrating our web from
> classic asp to python (possibly django or flask/sqlalchemy). We are based in
> the Torrance area in LA County. Nothing is set in stone and available job
> openings have yet to be finalized.
> In the meantime, I am wondering how easy is it for your guys' businesses to
> recruit/train Python programmers in southern california? Some of the reasons
> why we want to leave ASP is because I am having the worst time finding asp
> programmers and even more of a headache trying to find .NET programmers in
> my area oddly enough. That is another story for another time.
> Thanks for the input,
>
> ~Jonathan C.

'Knowledge is Power'
Daniel Greenfeld