[socal-piggies] Questions about Python Programmers in SoCal

Jonathan Chen tamasiaina at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:08:17 PDT 2011

Hey all,

At work, we've been looking into the possibility of migrating our web from
classic asp to python (possibly django or flask/sqlalchemy). We are based in
the Torrance area in LA County. Nothing is set in stone and available job
openings have yet to be finalized.

In the meantime, I am wondering how easy is it for your guys' businesses to
recruit/train Python programmers in southern california? Some of the reasons
why we want to leave ASP is because I am having the worst time finding asp
programmers and even more of a headache trying to find .NET programmers in
my area oddly enough. That is another story for another time.

Thanks for the input,

~Jonathan C.