[socal-piggies] Quick SCALE 9X conference report

Daniel Greenfeld pydanny at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 16:08:20 PST 2011

First off, the response at the conference to Python was incredible.
The booth was packed with interested parties. There are 3.5 pages of
emails from people interested in SoCAL-Piggies that we have to
process. With even 10% of them coming to SoCAL-Piggies it looks like
our group may need a larger venue!

A lot of these interested folks were new to python but very
interested. So we might want to consider having a SoCAL Piggies event
geared to this sort of developer.

I do want to thank the volunteers from socal-piggies and LA Django who
gave up their own time to pitch in at the last minute. Your enthusiasm
and energy guaranteed the incredible response we got from conference
attendees.  In no special order I want to thank our volunteers:

Audrey Roy
Daniel Greenfeld (yours truly)
Jared Hardy
Jeff Schenck
Katharine Jarmul
Alex Reich
Brendon Crawford
Pete Vander Giessen
Taylor Mitchell
Francis Ridder
Jared Hardy

I also want to thank Gareth Greenway for his patience and diligence.
Without him none of this would have happened.

--
'Knowledge is Power'
Daniel Greenfeld