[socal-piggies] Joint SoCal Piggies / R meeting on March 29 @ UCLA

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 15:00:16 PST 2011

Hello everybody,

Szilard Pafka, the organizer of the R meetup, told me that he put
together a joint meeting between our user groups. Here is his message:

=======================
As we discussed, I've set up a joint LA R users group and SoCal
Piggies meeting on meetup.com:
http://www.meetup.com/LAarea-R-usergroup/events/16724821/

Please let me know if anyone from the Python group could give a short
talk (20 mins). Ideally, it should be something more heavily Python
rather than data analysis, but maybe somewhat still related to data
processing (e.g. web scraping, processing large data sets, text
processing etc.)

Please also ask your members to RSVP at
http://www.meetup.com/LAarea-R-usergroup/events/16724821/ in case they
are coming to the meeting.

So....if you have a talk that would fit the profile, please let me or
Szilard (cc-ed) know.

We'll go back to our regularly scheduled Piggies meetings in April,
since a lot of us are going to PyCon in March.

Thanks,