[socal-piggies] What would make you try (or not try) a new programming language?

Andrew Kou andrew.kou at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 12:45:40 PDT 2010

Generally, there are two main reasons for trying a new language out for me.

1. I have a need for it in something I will work on. (Can't build an iphone
app without objective-c)
2. The language does something differently that is all the rage. (Yes, buzz
does affect me trying it out. Whether I stick with it is something else).
Examples of this was Ruby(for blocks, RoR), Haskell (functional programming)
and Go (the ridiculously fast compile time).

- Andrew