[socal-piggies] Reminder: R/data analysis meeting at UCLA this Wed. 11/17

Adam Bernier adam.c.bernier at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 16:34:46 PST 2010

Last night at the R / data analysis meeting Szilard Pafka, organizer,
discussed having four (4) 10- to 20-minute talks for the joint Python
/ R meeting in January 2011.

If you have something you'd like to present please let Szilard know.

Several members of the R / data analysis group are familiar with
Python and plan to present on some of the proposed topics:
    1. Python / R interoperability;
    2. Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib;
    3. Using Python to replace Unix shell scripting;
    4. open for discussion; some ideas: NLTK, NetworkX

Feel free to join come out to that meeting.
Like the Python group, this is a diverse group of bright folks.

Adam