[socal-piggies] Next meeting: Thu. June 17th 7 PM @ Language Weaver

Howard B. Golden hgolden at socal.rr.com
Sat Jun 5 16:27:33 PDT 2010

On Saturday June 5, 2010, Grig Gheorghiu wrote:
> ...and we have a 2nd presenter in the person of Mike Pan. Here's what
> he said:
>
> "I could present a followup on the work I've been doing on pomsets,
> including how my company nephosity (and pomsets specifically) was
> selected to be showcased at Structure2010 at the end of the month.
> http://events.gigaom.com/structure/10/structure-2010-startup-launchpa
> d/ "
>
> Sounds very interesting!

When Mike presented his pomsets work a few months ago, I thought to
myself that pomsets are a mathematical "category" (sort of a generalized
abstract algebra). Category theory is an important basis for Haskell, so
I'm looking forward to Mike's follow-up as a great match for my Haskell
introduction. Maybe I can even interest Mike in learning (if he doesn't
already know) and using Haskell!  ;-)

Note: Don't panic! I'm not going to try to explain category theory.
Introducing Haskell is enough mind-explosion by itself.

Howard