[socal-piggies] From Will Roscoe's ad-hoc meeting

Chuck Esterbrook chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 19:52:55 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Grig Gheorghiu
<grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> From Will:
> The meetup was small but enjoyable. Here are some tid-bits...
>
> - Avoid threading when possible, use subprocesses and let the kernel
> manage the resources. Brian and Chris joked about how they could have
> told me "oh, threading is easy, go for it"

What are you using to communicate between processes?

I have used threads in Python, using queues to pass data around like so:
http://www.doughellmann.com/PyMOTW/Queue/index.html

and found it fairly convenient. Of course, there is the GIL, but I
still experienced some parallelism due to I/O blocking.

Anyway, I'm curious if there's some interesting and easy techniques
for multiprocess communication.

-Chuck
--
http://chuckesterbrook.com/