[socal-piggies] thanks to everybody

Doug Stuart dstuart at technicalconnections.com
Fri Apr 17 12:20:16 PDT 2009

Yes, thanks to everyone who attended last night, both presentations were engaging and sparked some good discussions; excellent job John and Mark.  Once again, Technical Connections was happy to act as host and we are happy to provide meeting facilities to all future Socal Piggies meetings, as well as any other technical group who is looking for a meeting place in West LA.  It was also good to see a few new faces last night.  Grig promises to make it to the next meeting when he is not so swamped at work. :)

On a side note, it looks like the job market is picking up, we have recently received a couple new contract and permanent Open Source requirements with a couple of those opportunities focusing on Python.  A brief list follows, please let me know if you would like more details or feel free to pass this along to anyone who may be interested:

 - Python/Java Software Engineer, Studio City (commutable via Metro/Metrolink rail systems)
 - Open Source Python/LAMP Consultant, Burbank

 - PHP Web Developer, Los Angeles (LAX)

 - Linux Systems Administrators, Multiple Locations

Cheers,

Doug

Doug Stuart
 | Sr. Technical Recruiter | Technical Connections | dstuart at tci-la.com

office: 310.479.8830 x230 | fax: 310.445.8726 | www.technicalconnections.com

11400 Olympic Blvd. | Suite 700 | Los Angeles | CA | 90064

TCI - 25 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE IN RECRUITING