[socal-piggies] Job opportunity: Sr. Python Developer/Manager of Web Development

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Thu May 1 09:38:10 PDT 2008

Sr. Python Developer/Manager of Web Development ($100-140k)

We are a video streaming company looking for a senior lead with
managerial responsibilities to help build their API network (using flex
integration). Our API is the largest in existence and is widely known
as the most powerful in the world. The position would require a
developer to work on the API which opens the flash player, video ads,
builds playists, and players is a widely used network averaging over 4
million hits a month. In fact, we are on pace to hit approx. $10
million in revenue before the end of the year. We have a really cool,
relaxed, environment (see X-box example + flexible work hours).
However, don't be fooled the whole department is filled with some of
the best developers you will ever come across.

Here are some answers to potential questions you may have regarding the
position :

What is the role of python in the position?  Developing primarily the
backend infrastructure.

How is python integrated with Solr?  Solr exposes a web interface uses
standard python http

How much of the work is in Java? How is much is Python? : Java (5%)
Python (95%)  (*Java is a plus)

What exactly is the backend comprised of, besides Solr, and what is the
role of Solr in the backend?  Solr provides the search functionality,
Python's all the backend (Mysql).  Using the twisted framework.
(Twisted is a plus but certainly not expected)

We’re located in the heart of Hollywood.

*If you’re interested please reply to Alling.matthew at gmail.com to hear
more about the position.