[socal-piggies] Job opportunity: Sr. Mobile Messaging & Python Developer

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Thu May 1 09:36:14 PDT 2008

Job Title: "Sr. Mobile Messaging & Python Developer" ($65-85k)

We are searching for the next web and mobile development rockstar to
join our team! We are a 10-person company located in Los Angeles, CA
focused on the emerging mobile content market.  This is a great
opportunity to work with a small, high caliber team in the initial
phase of growth.  We are looking for someone who can lead the way
when it comes to designing and developing cool new web and mobile
services and technology.

Currently we are considering only full-time hires in the Los Angeles,
CA area.

Role Summary:
We are looking for a Sr. Python developer to join our team! The
right candidate will have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent. We
are looking for someone with a deep understanding of how to write
efficient, manageable and scalable code. The candidate must be very
strong in SQL and feel at home developing in the Linux environment. He
or she must be proficient with Python, Shell scripting, Linux, SQL,
JavaScript, HTML, and CSS.  Idealy we are looking for someone to take
the technical lead and help develop new and exciting web and mobile
technologies.

Required skills:
+ BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
+ 4 years experience developing in Python
+ 2 years experience developing in Java
+ Excellent Unix skills
+ SQL & Database design
+ SOAP, XML, web services
+ Solid background with XHTML, CSS, DOM-based JavaScript
+ Familiar with network protocols HTTP, SMTP, TCP, etc.

Desired Skills:
+ Experience with SMS/MMS development.
+ Experience developing multi-threaded software
+ Familiar with MySQL and/or Oracle
+ Experience with source control (Subversion)
+ Slackware Linux
+ Ajax and Web 2.0
+ Excelent at shell scripting & Sys Admin, etc.

Bonus:
+ You have contributed to and Open source project
+ You develop on Linux or OS X for fun
+ Experience in C and or Lisp

*Please reply to Alling.matthew at gmail.com if you’re interested in
hearing more about this position.