[socal-piggies] Impromptu 1 hour coding session.

Steve nix4ever at earthlink.net
Fri May 13 13:22:49 PDT 2005

Greetings,

  I'm not sure how you'd want to do it, its something that can be
discussed in the meeting. I personally am so rusty that I don't know how
productive I'd be (and I'm the one who proposed it =P). Although having
a better feel for which platform people are on, may help a bit. Perhaps
we should try working on some utilities that we can use to further our
group, having said that nothing comes to mind (at least nothing we could
accomplish in one hour). We could always go for stupidity, perhaps
create a pyeliza, tho that sounds boring. We could always work on code
cleanup for prexisting modules (also boring but altruistic) or
attempting to create new features for those modules. Off topic, for a 1
hour coding session, tho equally altruistic, would be for us to fill
some documentation gaps, and or post some examples for the standard
python modules, or others where sorely needed. I wouldn't mind having a
temporary webserver for displaying urls to others on the network. ie
click a url that connects to localhost paste in a url with a description
then after one connect or some timeout period the script comes down
saving the url/url list. Just some means to do away with having to paste
stuff into email or into an IM client. I dunno, its hot in my aparment
and my brains fried.

                                                      Just a few ideas,

                                                      Steve Petrovits
(nix4ever at earthlink dot net)