[socal-piggies] amusing.

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Tue May 3 12:58:25 PDT 2005

Hi all,

thought it'd be fun to share this with you guys -- I've been thinking
about how to demo the _q_traverse method in Quixote, and decided to
write a CherryPy-like URL handler.

Here's the implementation:

	http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/transfer/qcherry/hello.py

It works well enough to mimic the hierarchical site demo that
CherryPy has in its tutorial:

	http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/transfer/qcherry/complex_site.py

It's not very polished yet.

To run it, install Quixote 2.0, download both files, execute

	simple_server.py --factory=hello.create_publisher

and then go to 'localhost:8080'.  You may need to put your current
directory in your PYTHONPATH, too.

I'll write about it in my diary when I get a chance to polish/document
it a bit more.

I think this brings up two interesting issues:

* can we reimplement CherryPy entirely inside of Quixote?  (almost
	certainly!)

* what benefits (if any) would this give CherryPy?  And Quixote?

cheers,