[socal-piggies] Meeting in Newport Beach on March 8th at 7:30 PM ?

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Tue Feb 22 14:36:47 PST 2005

-> If everybody is OK with this date and time, let me know. March 8th is
-> on a Tuesday. The exact location is available at
-> http://www.its.caltech.edu/~mirsky/kml.htm (courtesy of Titus).

It's on: I confirmed for March 8th, at 7:30pm.

The Kerckhoff Marine Lab is down at the bottom of a bluff, which you
can't really see from the Google Maps directions.  (So, don't be
surprised if you end up going up & down some pretty steep hills!)

The directions given on Google Maps by typing in

	101 dahlia Newport Beach

are correct.

I'll have a cell phone with me, at 626-665-6671, and I'll try to get to
KML by 7:15 or so at the latest.

A few notes:

* there's a kitchen, bathroom, etc there.

* 802.11b wireless, but no easy wired connection; it's a slow DSL,
	so don't expect to download more than a few mb.

* the parking says "don't park here, Caltech people only, we will shoot
	anyone else who parks here" (paraphrased).  I will take down the
	chain preventing parking when I get there, and it's OK to park.
	There's plenty of room, ~12-15 cars worth.

* I'll bring a projector with a standard VGA hookup, 1024x768 max res.

Grig will organize everything else, I hope ;).

cheers,