[socal-piggies] Dinner & Keysigning

Diane Trout diane at caltech.edu
Thu Dec 8 00:27:01 PST 2005

Hi,

Thanks to Grig & Lars for participating in the key signing. I'm going to try
to start always carrying cards with my key fingerprint on it if people want
to keysign at one of our regular meetings.

I'm more motivated by the validation ability of GPG. I'm hoping to eventually
have a web of trust that actually reaches keys like the one for kernel.org
http://www.kernel.org/signature.html

(Though it did occurre to me that Caltech's network security likes to use GPG
messages when informing someone about vulnerabilities on their computers).

Also just for fun there's a neat tool at
http://www.chaosreigns.com/code/sig2dot/ which will create a graph of a web
of trust.

diane