[socal-piggies] More topics

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Fri Aug 19 06:26:59 PDT 2005

--- Diane Trout <diane at caltech.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what others might think of this, but I thought I'd be
> interested
> in hearing about things other than just python or python libraries.
>
> Some of the other things I'd be interested in would be bug tracking
> systems
> like trac, which happens to be in python anyway. Though there's also
> darcs,
> an interesting looking source code control system, and a whole host
> of
> interesting algorithms and assorted development methodologies out
> there that
> I haven't found the time to study on my own.
>
> Just hoping that we don't get too focused...
>
> Diane

I think this is an excellent point. I'm very interested myself in agile
development and testing methodologies, so we could have a session on
that if people are interested. I can also present some test tools,
which  do have some relation to Python, but can be used on their own
too (such as Selenium, FitNesse, STAF/STAX).

Other thoughts? I'll add a page to the Wiki where we can capture these
ideas.