[pygr-notify] Issue 26 in pygr: Test under Python 2.3-2.6

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Apr 7 22:34:10 PDT 2009

Updates:

Comment #4 on issue 26 by cjlee112: Test under Python 2.3-2.6
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=26

I've tested on 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6.  All but 2.4 run the test framework
fine.

I hit some problems on 2.4 due to missing a working bsddb module.  The main
symptom
is that the fallback module (presumably gdbm) seems to open files and fail
to close
them, because over the course of running all the tests, it start
generating "too many
open files" errors.  If you run the test files one by one, there's only 1
error
(seqdb_test.PrefixUnionDictTest).  I don't think this is a test framework
issue, but
I could be wrong, I guess.  I propose we resolve this as a separate issue
(e.g.
"testing Pygr without bsddb accumulates open files")