[pygr-notify] Issue 15 in pygr: patch: correctly identify user's MySQL config file on Windows

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Apr 7 19:28:58 PDT 2009

Updates:
	Cc: -Acracker marecki
	Labels: -reviewby-Acracker reviewby-marecki

Comment #6 on issue 15 by marecki: patch: correctly identify user's MySQL
config file on Windows
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=15

I have verified that Istvan's code correctly locates MySQL config files
in %WINDIR%
and %SYSTEMDRIVE%, i.e. that it addresses the issue raised by Alex.
However, it
relies on $HOME to be set in order to use the one in user's home directory;
this is
not portable, os.path.expanduser('~') should be used instead. Example,
quoted
verbatim from a Python 2.5.4 session on an XP SP3 box:

>>> import os
>>> print os.environ.get('HOME')
None
>>> print os.path.expanduser('~')
C:\Documents and Settings\myuser

Attached you will find a patch which corrects this, thus making it possible
use .my.cnf from the user's home directory under Windows. Please commit to
master.

Attachments:
	0001-Use-os.path.expanduser-instead-of-directly-quer.patch  1.3 KB