[pygr-notify] Issue 14 in pygr: pygr.Data.dir search improvement

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Jun 3 02:08:42 PDT 2008

Issue 14: pygr.Data.dir search improvement
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=14

New issue report by deepreds:
Right now, pygr.Data.dir returns matches on first part of the given
argument. It will be more convenient if we could add more search engine on
pygr.Data resources.

1. pygr.Data.dir() : allow empty query as full search like pygr.Data.dir
('')
2. partial match search by string member check :
>>> 'ab' in 'abc'
True
Thus we can do like this,
pygr.Data.dir('HUMAN') => returns all resources if resource name
has 'HUMAN' string in it.
3. regular expression. Above 2 can be improved more if we add re module
search on pygr.Data.dir, say pygr.Data.regexp('*.hg17')

Issue attributes:
	Owner: deepreds
	Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium