[pygr-notify] Issue 51 in pygr: sys.path problems in our test framework

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Dec 12 13:35:22 PST 2008

Owner: cjlee112
CC: ti... at idyll.org
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Low

New issue 51 by cjlee112: sys.path problems in our test framework
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=51

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. python setup.py build
2. set PYTHONPATH=/path/to/your/pygrdir
3. python setup.py build_ext -i
4. change some .py code to fix a broken test
5. cd tests
6. python protest.py

The test will still fail, even though you fixed it in /path/to/your/pygr

Cause: tests/pygrtest_common.py fiddles with the sys.path to add the
build/lib.PLATFORM-VERSION directory, which is where setup.py build
normally places a copy of your code.  This could cause the test to use old,
obsolete code during your test, even though your PYTHONPATH points to the
current code that you just edited.