[pygr-notify] Issue 49 in pygr: Initial delay for membership checking in seqdb.BlastDB

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Dec 12 11:36:13 PST 2008

Comment #4 on issue 49 by cjlee112: Initial delay for membership checking
in seqdb.BlastDB
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=49

On further thought, I'm not sure we need to do anything further with this.
Since
this is now only applied during a BLAST search, reindexing will never be
triggered
unless BLAST mangles an ID... in which case reindexing is necessary, to
rescue the
mangled ID!  In a way this *is* "auto-detection" of whether reindexing is
needed --
much better than always forcing re-indexing (quite possibly unnecessary)
during the
formatdb step.

I can only think of one obvious improvement: print a warning message
telling the user
that Pygr is re-indexing because BLAST mangled an ID, so that users don't
become too
annoyed by the mysterious delay.