[protocols] blastall and make-reciprocal-best-hits.py with TAIR10

Peter Fields pdf8z at virginia.edu
Sun Aug 25 21:21:25 PDT 2013

I've been working on the khmer protocols for RNAseq assembly and annotation
protocol with a sample plant transcriptome (Silene latifolia).

In place of the mouse refseq, I attempted to use the TAIR10 refseq (after
running the standard mouse refseq protocols). I found very strange outputs
using the TAIR refseq database, TAIR10_pep_20101214. Specifically, an
attempt to identify orthologous sequences was completely unsuccessful
(essentially blank file). And then identifying names for sequences in the
current pipeline isn't possible. This seems to result from the mouse refseq
focus of the eel-pond scripts. Not a problem, just something that might be
generalized in future updates.