[ngs-2012] Substantial? new online materials

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Thu Sep 20 07:25:22 PDT 2012

Hi all,

after sending them to some of you individually, I realized there might be wider-spread interest amongst NGS course alumni:

For my fall graduate course in computation in biology, I've been doing screencasts (recorded videos) as lectures; so far they've mostly focused on introductory Python. See, for example:

http://ged.msu.edu/angus/beacon-2012/week1.html

and more generally

http://ged.msu.edu/angus/beacon-2012/

I will be adding them on a weekly basis for at least the next few weeks, and the additions will include some bioinformatics and assembly stuff.

For next year's NGS course, I may try to put together screencasts for a lot of the material, too.  It's surprisingly enjoyable and I feel like it leverages our course preparation effort much more so than the current materials do…

Comments welcome.

cheers,
--titus