[ngs-2012] Things to do tomorrow

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Jun 3 21:18:36 PDT 2012

Hi all,

just a reminder -- we're starting at 1:30pm on Monday, over in the Carriage House classroom.

If you have a chance before then, here are a few things you can try --

1. Install dropbox on your computer; see dropbox.com.  (Many of you already have it.)
2. Install Google Chrome or Firefox on your computer.  Recently updated Macs with Safari *should* also be OK.
3. Create an aws.amazon.com account.
4. Log into your aws.amazon.com account and select 'EC2'.  It should ask you to enable EC2; in the process of doing so, you should receive a phone call.

If you can't or don't do all of these, that's ok!  We'll have a team of crack TAs ready to help you in the afternoon.  But it's something to get started with.

cheers,
--titus