[khmer] keep kmers stranded?

Karl Nordström karl.nordstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 02:54:22 PDT 2013

Hi again,

I'm advancing by piecing together snippets from all the available scripts.
One question though.

Does K have an upper limit? Loading a counting hash with K=31 and
everything is fine, but with K=41 the following error appears:

python: ktable.cc:21: khmer::HashIntoType khmer::_hash(const char*,
khmer::WordLength, khmer::HashIntoType&, khmer::HashIntoType&): Assertion
`k <= sizeof(HashIntoType)*4' failed.
Aborted

Or is this due to only using one strand? The code looked like a limitation.

Best,

Karl