[khmer] Problems in following The Eel Pond mRNAseq Tutorial

Tamer Mansour drtamermansour at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 15:33:24 PST 2013

Hi,
I am trying to follow  The Eel Pond mRNAseq Tutorial to do my analysis. The
tutorial is assuming that the analysis is done on Amazon cloud. For
software installation step, the 1st step is always changing the path to
/root or /usr/local/share. Doing this on HPCC will always give access
denial error. Instead I tried to do the installation in my local bin folder
however the setup of screed gives me a similar error because it try to
create  /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/screed.
How can I go around this !?

Regards

Tamer