[data-carpentry-discuss] Splitting up main Data Carpentry repository complete

Ethan White ethan at weecology.org
Thu Apr 2 19:26:02 PDT 2015

With the closing of [#117] I am happy to report that our efforts to
split up the main `datacarpentry` repository and recover the history
that had been lost during initial efforts are now complete.

Following Software Carpentry's lead this will make it easier to maintain
lessons and allow folks to focus on getting notifications only for
lessons they are interested in actively watching.

This also means that the old `datacarpentry` repository is now inactive.
It will be maintained for historical purposes, but any new changes
should go into the repositories for the individual lessons that reside
in the Data Carpentry GitHub organization.

Thanks for all of your patience during the reorganization.

Best,
Ethan

[#117] https://github.com/datacarpentry/datacarpentry/issues/117