[cse491] cse491 homework question

Joe Amenta amentajo at msu.edu
Sun Sep 13 16:41:57 PDT 2009

In the future, please CC your mailings to the mailing list, instead of to
another student via direct e-mail.  See below for replies.

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM, <leeho2 at msu.edu> wrote:

> hello
>
> i have some questions about homework #1
>
> first,how do i access to an open Suversion server?
>
> second, is this how the hw#1 work?
> i opend up form.html file, then if i fill out name and number, it
> automatically connect to my process-hw1-form.cgi, and then
> process the result?, or
> i modify something in form.html, and put them into my process-hw1-form.cgi
> file, so it can be seen as html file.
>
> thanks

The instructions for how to access the Subversion server can be found here:
http://ged.msu.edu/courses/2009-fall-cse-491/cse491-2009-lab2.html
The form.html file is an example of an interface to your CGI script.  All
that is required of this part of the project is that your
process-hw1-form.cgi script can handle data submitted to it via forms like
form.html, so a good plan would be to modify the form action part of
form.html to point to wherever you host your process-hw1-form.cgi (probably
to say action="http://www.cse.msu.edu/cgi-user/leeho2/process-hw1-form.cgi"
if you save your CGI script at /user/cgi/leeho2/process-hw1-form.cgi) and
submit data with that form.html every time you make a change.
That explanation sounded a bit wordy, let me know if I confused you...

hello

> i access to "http://www.cse.msu.edu/~leeho2/form.html<http://www.cse.msu.edu/%7Eleeho2/form.html>",
> and then if i hit submit, it gives me an access error
> i set the path to <...........action='
> http://www.cse.msu.edu/cgi-user/leeho2'>
> is it becasue my process-hw1-form.cgi is wrong?

Like I said in the long explanation above, you should set action="
http://www.cse.msu.edu/cgi-user/leeho2/process-hw1-form.cgi".  Leaving it
the way it is makes your form try to send data to an invalid URL.

Hope this helps,
--Joe Amenta