[cse491] [ctb at msu.edu: Re: form submit]

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Sep 13 07:16:34 PDT 2009

----- Forwarded message from "C. Titus Brown" <ctb at msu.edu> -----

Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 07:15:40 -0700
From: "C. Titus Brown" <ctb at msu.edu>
To: Jessica Parks <jessicaparx at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [cse491] form submit

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:07:58AM -0400, Jessica Parks wrote:
-> Regarding homework 1, I am still a little bit confused about where the
-> form.html file is going.  I am supposed to be adding this form to svn?  If I
-> put it in a folder called ~/web on arctic, how am I supposed to access it
-> through the browser (what is the proper url)?   If this form is supposed to
-> be added to svn will it be added in the same directory as
-> process-hw1-form.cgi??   Thanks for the help!

Hi Jessica,

you can open form.html from anywhere -- on your desktop or laptop,
through the Web, whatever -- and it will be usable.

You don't need to add it to svn.

If you put it in your home ~/web/ directory, then you can access it at

	http://www.cse.msu.edu/~nermal/form.html

which in your case would be

	http://www.cse.msu.edu/~parksje3/form.html

I think.  You need to make sure that your web directory is
world-readable, which you can do like this:

	chmod a+rx ~/web/

and the files in there need to be world-readable,

	chmod -R a+r ~/web/

HTH!

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu