[cse491] homework questions

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sat Sep 13 17:14:44 PDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 08:08:38PM -0400, Dillon Walls wrote:
-> I'm having trouble understanding how to do the asynchronous connections for
-> homework3.  I understand that if sock.setblocking(0) is set, then i cannot
-> use sock.accept().  From what I've been able to gather, I need to use
-> select() in some way, but I really just dont know how to get the incoming
-> connection's information without using accept(), or do i even need to?

Hi, Dillon,

you can indeed (and should) use 'accept'... it will just raise an
exception if no connection is available yet.  See the lab notes for more
info on how to handle that, or ask some more questions here.

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu