[cwn] Attn: Development Editor, Latest OCaml Weekly News

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Mon Jan 14 22:13:51 PST 2019

Hello

Here is the latest OCaml Weekly News, for the week of January 08 to 15,
2019.

Table of Contents
─────────────────

Dune 1.6.3
Working with bit-level data
Old CWN

Dune 1.6.3
══════════

  Archive: <https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/ann-dune-1-6-3/3138/1>

Rudi Grinberg announced
───────────────────────

  The dune team is pleased to announce the bug fix release of Dune
  1.6.3. Normally, we don't bother announcing all bug fix releases, but
  this one contains quite a few fixes. I'd like to take this opportunity
  to encourage everyone to upgrade. Cheers.

1.6.3 (08/01/2019)
╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

  • Fix merlin handling of private module visibility (#1653 @bobot)

  • skip directories when looking up programs in the PATH (#1628, fixes
    #1616, @diml)

  • Fix preprocessing for libraries with `(include_subdirs ..)' (#1624,
    fix #1626, @nojb, @rgrinberg)

  • Do not generate targets for archive that don't match the `modes'
    field. (#1632, fix #1617, @rgrinberg)

  • When executing actions, open files lazily and close them as soon as
    possible in order to reduce the maximum number of file descriptors
    opened by Dune (#1635, #1643, fixes #1633, @jonludlam, @rgrinberg,
    @diml)

  • Do not generate targets for archive that don't match the `modes'
    field. (#1632, fix #1617, @rgrinberg)

  • Get the correct environment node for multi project workspaces
    (#1648, @rgrinberg)

  • Fix an issue causing menhir generated parsers to fail to build in
    some cases. The fix is to systematically use `-short-paths' when
    calling `ocamlc -i' (#1743, fix #1504, @diml)

Working with bit-level data
═══════════════════════════

  Archive:
  <https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/working-with-bit-level-data/3094/4>

Following this thread, Anton Kochkov announced
──────────────────────────────────────────────

  Note, that I sent an initial draft of bitfields implementation in
  Cstruct library (for now only reading is supported) here
  <https://github.com/mirage/ocaml-cstruct/pull/215>

  You are welcome to check out, and feedback/complaints/patches are
  welcome.

Old CWN
═══════

  If you happen to miss a CWN, you can [send me a message] and I'll mail
  it to you, or go take a look at [the archive] or the [RSS feed of the
  archives].

  If you also wish to receive it every week by mail, you may subscribe
  [online].

  [Alan Schmitt]

[send me a message] <mailto:alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org>

[the archive] <http://alan.petitepomme.net/cwn/>