[bip] Bioinformatics Programming Language Shootout, Python performance poopoo'd

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 06:23:50 PST 2008

Hi,
I strong concur with Andrew that we need to focus solely on the merit
of the paper not the journal or review process.  There were some
issues that should have been caught but, given the results provided,
these may not have resulted in the main component of the paper Really
the problem exists at the author level because you can not expect the
reviewers to know all languages.

I think that it may be best to directly ask the editors to consider 'a
letter or short communication' by providing solid supporting material.
Also to point out 'The Computer Language Benchmarks Game'
(http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/ ) so that this paper is very
limited and not novel at all. Personally, I would just ignore this
paper because I don't think it should have the attention it getting -
let it remain uncited rather than draw more attention to it.

Regards
Bruce