[bip] online sites for doing binding site search

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Nov 30 17:19:37 PST 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 05:13:06PM -0800, Erich Schwarz wrote:
-> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Titus Brown wrote:
->
-> > Maybe I'm going one level more cynical than you, but I also think
-> > the dearth of effective tools (and the ubiquity of mediocre ones)
-> > points to the difficulty of the problem.  So the opportunity has
-> > to be weighed against the likelihood that this is just a real hard
-> > problem...
->
->     What I liked about the Wasserman and Sandelin review (aside from
-> the fact that it is the *only* review I have yet found that actually
-> bothers to clearly and correctly explain the differences between
-> PFMs, PWMs, PSSMs, PSFMs, etc. etc.), is that they actually do cover
-> cluster-searching and explain why it's nontrivial.

OK, thanks.

I thought PFMs, PWMs, PSSMs, PSFMs, and energy operators were all
mathematically equivalent to a zeroth order Markov Model.  Hmm.  I guess
I'll have to read the paper...