[bip] online sites for doing binding site search

Erich Schwarz emsch at its.caltech.edu
Fri Nov 30 13:02:27 PST 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Titus Brown wrote:

> ...  I'm writing a short review/HOWTO on finding cis-regulatory
> elements in chick ...

    My own jaundiced view is that there is no particularly good
search tool out there yet.  Of course, that means opportunity! for
those of us trying to make better search tools...

    However, I just re-read this article on cis-regulatory
analysis by Wasserman and Sandelin, which may be worth passing
on:

    http://www.nature.com/nrg/journal/v5/n4/full/nrg1315.html

Wasserman himself is involved with these sites:

    http://www.oreganno.org
    http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/gkm967v1

    http://www.pazar.info
    http://genomebiology.com/2007/8/10/R207