[bip] welcome!

Brandon King kingb at caltech.edu
Tue Jul 31 11:25:12 PDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

Well, I have Python for bioinformatics since 2001 in the Wold Lab at
Caltech. I have worked on a Python/PostgreSQL based spatial query
annotation database called BioHub <http://woldlab.caltech.edu/biohub/>.
Also, I use Python for data conversion, batch blasting, miRNA analysis,
automation, motif searching, microarray analysis, etc.

We are also have minimal Python layer for Mussa
<http://mussa.caltech.edu/> (C++/Qt/OpenGL; multi-species sequence
comparison tool), but we hope to wrap the OpenGL sequence browser widget
for use with PyQt in the future. Other tools people may find interesting
(in various states of usefulness) can be found here
<http://woldlab.caltech.edu/html/software/>.

That is it for now... back to coding.

-Brandon King
Caltech Wold Lab &