[bip] welcome!

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Jul 25 09:01:49 PDT 2007

hi folks,

there are now 56 people subscribed to this list, so I thought I'd send
out a semi-official "welcome!"

I'm curious -- what does everyone do, and what do they use Python for?

I personally do a lot of genome analysis and data integration, and I am
most interested in parsers and interfaces to local command-line analysis
programs.  My particular interest is in regulatory genomics and
metagenomics, and I have written a few different packages (motif
searching, BLAST parsing, etc.) that I'll post to the list as new
versions come out.

cheers,